Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wrong number

Dear Kelly,

I don't know who you are, but I feel the need to tell you a few things:

First of all, thanks a lot for giving your ever-so-persistent mother an incorrect cell phone number. Did you not stop to think that maybe this number belongs to someone? While she is a nice lady, and I have somewhat enjoyed speaking with her over the last year, I'm sure you can find better ways to avoid your mother than giving her the cell phone number I've had since 2003.

Second of all, this sweet lady who is your mother is concerned about you and has tried vigilantly to reach you. Call her.

Having said that, I feel I must give you a warning: I woke up this morning and checked my messages and heard your mother's voice. She's not happy with you.

It was not nice of you to disable her car and otherwise vandalize it. You've pushed her to the edge. She's resorted to name-calling (which, from my impression is not in her character) and she's very very disappointed in you.

Oh yeah, and she's pressing charges.

Hopefully you'll learn your lesson.

Hopefully the police have the correct phone number.

Sincerely,
The lady whose phone number you gave your mom instead of your own.

No comments: