Monday, February 23, 2015

Home Improvement

We've had snow days.  Lordy almighty, have we had snow days!  I had a one day work week because of snow days.  Don't get me wrong-  I am so thankful for the time I have to spend at home with my kids on these days-  I can wake up in my stretchy pants and go the livelong day in them.  It's a double-edged sword when you're a teacher and a mother.  Either you're at work with other kids or you're at home (your FIRST job) with YOUR kids.

We played restaurant every day to keep them brushed up on their change-giving skills (and as a past restaurant employee... you know I had to teach them how to not be that asshole at table whatever...) and how to give a tip.  I'm an Art teacher, so of course you know I also had to make a menu for each day.

I say all of that to justify the snow days that this lady has been getting.  I work either way.  I love it, either way.

This past Friday, we had a snow day, but a few hours between when mommy woke up to help daddy get to work, and when the roads were gonna get bad so I took advantage.

I had some groceries to get (mostly took a "best of" list from the kids for snowed in food) and then I had to get some supplies from Lowe's for mommy to get some projects done on this snow day.

We went to Lowe's.  I'm pretty sure the occupancy was me, my 3 little blonde ducklings walking behind me, and a handful of contractors with 4 wheel drive trucks who were gonna work no matter what.

All I needed was caulk to adhere my faux copper panels to my back spash to finish out my kitchen (minus floors).  I'm a teacher so, if my kids ask questions, I'm going to answer in teacher-mode-  not thinking of anything (like strangers) but the little minds that I am responsible for forming.  The following conversation happened with me ONLY in teacher mode.....  until I realized...

Kawika:  So....  There's a lot of different types of this "caulk".  Does it matter what kind we get?

Me:  Yeah, the type of  caulk you take home depends on what you plan on doing with it when you get home.  For example, I want to stick these plates to the wall when I get home, so I want a clear, adhesive caulk.

The contractors next to us were not only observing, but at this point, they were cracking up.  I just looked at them, raised my arms, and said..  "File this away as conversations you NEVER thought you'd have with your kids."

They were awesome grown-ups and went on to ask the kids if they were successfully aggravating their mother on their snow days.  Yeah.....  I'm the Art Teacher at their school, so they aggravate me 5 days a week.

Yeah, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

8 comments:

Akk Nifel Khan said...

😡😡✔✔🚩🚩

Akk Nifel Khan said...

Welcome website Akk Nifel Khan

Unknown said...

Xenical Orlistat 120 mg chemical structure medications drugs generic fda approved patient labeling reviews professionals clinicians clinical. For more details visit http://www.shoplie.com/xenical-orlistat-120-mg-120-qty/

Congadev said...

Nice blog !!!
thanks for sharing
thiet ke nha dep tai hcm
thiet ke biet thu tai tphcm
thiet ke nha pho dep tphcm
thiet ke noi that tphcm
thi cong noi that chung cu



Unknown said...


شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

Κινητοί Τοίχοι - Movable Walls said...

Dear friend, may I ask you for a favor? I am presently trying to enhance traffic in my company’s blog, as this would increase chances of the blog’s photos to appear in “Google Images”; this is very important for our work. Could you please visit our blog and browse for a couple of minutes. You may even learn about a new product there!
Thank you.

Unknown said...

We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD, WhatsApp or Email for more details:
hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp +91 779-583-3215

Kristen Stewart said...

Norton.Com/Setup
McAfee Activate Product Key