Friday, April 3, 2009

Clean bill of health.... for one at least.

Monday I took Iwalani to the doctor for her Pre-school physical. Wow. I can't believe that it's already time for that! We have a pre-k class at the school where I teach and while it's not a sure thing that she'll get in, I can't help but be excited to start taking her to school with me.

She was a very good girl at the doctor's office. She weights 42lbs, is 40inches tall and has perfect vision and hearing (the jig is up- now I KNOW you can hear me). She also got three shots.

The nurse asked her if she could draw a circle on a piece of paper, which she did. She wasn't comfortable trying a triangle or a square, but we have been working on writing her name, and she's pretty good so she felt good about that. It really amazed me how shyly compliant she was with the doctors and nurses. It was so sweet. Anyway, not only did she write her name on that pad of paper, but she wrote it upside down and backwards. They said, "Great, she's learning." I thought, "My goodness- she's the next Di Vinci."

The other two have been to the see doctors in the last week, too, but with much less entertaining outcomes. Drug allergies, bronchiolitis, pink eye, and repeated ear infections, to keep it short.

I'll be so glad when the cold weather is over, and school is out so that the majority of the germs we share are our own!

No comments: