Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates

My blogging has been a little sporadic so here's a few things we're up to:

1. Kawika has had hives. At first we thought it might be a drug allergy, but after two weeks of Benedryl and no relief, I think he might be like me. I have enjoyed most of Spring's blossoming majesty through swollen oozing eyes since we have moved to Tennessee. This wonderful Easter package (it usually happens for the few weeks around this holiday) comes with hives for me as well. We went to the doctor yesterday to check on his eternal ear infections and she gave us some meds for allergies as well. We'll see how that goes.

2. We also went to the doc yesterday for Leilea's 6month check up. She's dropped from super-fat to only kinda super fat, so that's good. She's also pretty tall for her age. What can I say, we grow them big. The little roly-poly doesn't really roll over, but the doc was impressed with how well she sits up and stands up when you hold her hands, so she figures she's probably just not that interested. Don't get the idea that this baby is laid-back- at all. I think she just sees Iwa and Kawika running around and so that's what she's focusing on. When she finally figures that out, I think we'll probably making fewer public appearances than we do now. She's strong, healthy, and her lungs are perfect.

3. John and I started selling Pampered Chef. John's cousin, Jennifer, sells it and we thought we would give it a whirl. We had our first show a few weeks back and it was fun. John is much more of a salesperson than I am so I was glad to have him, but I enjoyed cooking and showing people how the stuff works. So far it seems pretty easy and fun.

4. Just because I didn't feel like I had enough to do, I joined an adult co-ed soccer team. I played intramural soccer in college and always felt like I really missed out in high school by not doing it then. We had our first game last Saturday and John had taken me around to every cheap little store in Millington to find a yellow shirt- because that's our team color. We couldn't find one so I just wore a grey shirt thinking, "What are the chances the team we play will be grey?" When I got there, of course, I saw that our opposing team was grey. They kept thinking about passing me the ball and my own teammates were warning my other teammates that I was behind them, until they realized that I was on their team. Awesome. I already knew this was going to be different than the last time I played, because it's almost 10 years and three pregnancies later, but also because apparently, when you're not teamed up against sorority girls, elbowing, tripping, and hair pulling are not allowed! How else am I supposed to play, I ask you?! I'll update more on that later.

5. Easter was great. I'll have to post pictures as I get them from other people. We all matched at church, but it was a little nauseating so John and I changed and just the kids matched for the big party at the Turner's. My camera (and my cupboard stash) was out of batteries so we don't have any photo proof yet. **Aunt Krissy, thanks for the kids' cards- and the wish for the Easter Bunny to bring Leilea some chocolate to suck on. You can lose all the weight you want, but you'll always be a fat kid at heart! :) **

2 comments:

erin said...

Too bad you guys aren't in Knoxville because I would totally host a Pampered Chef party for you. I love Pampered Chef or at least I love the food at the parties. I love the soccer story. That's hilarious! Maybe you should get on the grey team instead - after all, you've already got the shirt.

Wheatley Family said...

When can we come see you play?