Sunday, February 28, 2010

You're how old?!?!

Wow how time flies! The original Frisky addition is five today.

Iwalani Morgan.

Wow.
I love music of all kinds and sometimes I feel like my life could have a playlist. There are certain times that I relate certain songs to and certain songs that just kind of remind me of moments, people, and feelings in my life.
Iwalani would have her own branch of the playlist.
I so wanted her to be my Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison).
I wanted to sing it to her all of her life. No such luck with that one.
The first time I ever felt her move while I was pregnant, I was blasting Easy Like Sunday Morning (Lionel Richie) in my car on the way home from school one day.
Sometimes I hear Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses) and think of her.
...I'm Bossy by Kelis
It wasn't until one day in the car while listening to James Taylor that I found "our song".
So I'll just let ol' JT finish the post for me.Whenever I see your smiling face
I have to smile myself
Because I love you (Yes, I do)
And when you give me that pretty little pout
It turns me inside out
There's something about you, baby (I don't know)
Isn't it amazing a man like me
Can feel this way
Tell me how much longer
It will grow stronger every day
Oh, how much longer
I thought I was in love
A couple of times before
With the girl next door
But that was long before I met you
Now I'm sure that I won't forget you
And I thank my lucky stars
That you are who you are
And not just another lovely lady
Sent down to break my heart
Isn't it amazing a man like me
Can feel this way
Tell me how much longer
It can grow stronger every day
How much longerNo one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today
Whenever I see you smile at me
No one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today
Whenever I see your smiling face my way
Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Loved the post! Happy Birthday Iwa! I can't believe how much Leilea looks like her in picture 4. And how grown up she looked in picture 16. It's crazy to think that she'll be in kindergarden next year.

jennifer rogers said...

love it! I can't believe she is already 5 years old! Happy Birthday Miss Thang! p.s. we are coming down in two weeks on March 17th and staying the whole week so start planning!

Eliza said...

Jennifer- that's my spring break!! We're excited!