Friday, April 23, 2010

Triumph!

I don't have much time in my day to be crafty, but when I get an idea, it's like a splinter: I've got to get it out or it may get infected.

That being said, I have been trying my hand at freezer paper stenciling. So far, I've made three attempts.

The first one, a bunny for a shirt for Iwa, didn't turn out so well as a result of me not understanding the directions on the ink I used.

The second attempt did turn out well and ended up being t-shirts for the ladies I work with.

Since I don't have pictures of the first two on my computer now, here's a photo of attempt 3:
It's a play on the old logo of the Triumph motorcycles- the kind my dad has been messing with for years. I was going to replace his name in a patent plate like this:
...but those numbers are a booger to cut out with an Xacto knife, so I saw this version:
...gave it the old school font and swoosh going into the "h" from behind and called it done.

I have many more plans for customizing clothes for the kids (and a few ideas for adults) and now with a Goodwill even closer to home and two months without school, there's no stopping me!! (slowing me down, however, is very very likely)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That turned out great! I need you to teach me how.

Leanne said...

Whenever I walk past the motorcycle parking at work and see a Triumph I think of the Steinbrink family. :)

jennifer rogers said...

fun! you could totally sell those!