Saturday, September 13, 2008

If you don't have anything nice to say...

I haven't posted in a while because of the lack of news. I was hoping that my next post on here would be about Leilea and how cute she is and how she just walked out and got a job, but alas, we still wait.

I thought in the meantime, I could post pictures of Kawika's new haircut but the camera is packed and maybe it's best to let it grow a little before too many people see it.

See- the Friskillo men don't go to the barber. I have been cutting their hair and so far I've done a pretty good job. (don't mean to toot my own horn but- beep! beep!) I have two haircuts in my repertoire- full buzz and faux hawk. Kawika has usually gotten the faux hawk but today mommy was not on her game and had to resort to a #2 guard full buzz.

I regret to inform you that he now looks like he is training for Hitler's Youth. John always gets the full buzz but it doesn't look so severe on a grown man, you know? Anyway, his hair grows fast and I think he likes the feel of it.

A really cool thing I did today was spent the afternoon with my two best childhood friends EVER. It was really cool to spend time with them and sit back and think about how far we have each come in our lives.... and also how we're still those little girls who rode our bikes to each other's houses and gossiped about that girl who made out with that guy with the lazy eye. I love it.

4 comments:

JNew said...

i have one haircut in my repertoire. it's called "hideous mistake" - and for some reason pete keeps letting me practice it on him.

npage79 said...

Jennifer would that "hideous mistake" been the time you cut my bangs and ended cutting them all off?

Mary Elizabeth said...

You're my best friend too! I am so glad we've found each other again! Thanks for coming this weekend.

Laura said...

The first time I cut Coleman's hair, I decided not to use an attachment. Needless to say it did not go well. He also looked like one of Hitler's youth. I'm no longer allowed to cut their hair. What a shame.