Monday, September 29, 2008

Leilea Alice


So she's finally here! We waited and waited (okay, some people wait longer, but still... ) and for all those who said "she'll come when she's ready"- you were so right! Friday morning John and I were wondering whether or not to go to the hospital and whether or not John should go ahead and go to work, and by lunchtime she was here. Amazing. This was by far the easiest of my three birth experiences. I am still in awe.


She weighs 8lbs 4ozs, is 21 inches long and has a head full of brown (yes, brown) hair. I guess one of my children will take after their father after all. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.


I'll have to get better pictures up here but in the meantime, here's a picture taken just a few minutes after she was born.

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

she's beautiful and we can't wait to meet her in person!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went smoothly and momma and baby are doing well!

JNew said...

She's so cute. Congratulations!

npage79 said...

Congratulations!! Glad it went so smoothly for you.