Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Leilea


John says, "You know, this is the one we'll be bailing out of jail someday," and if you know Leilea, you know what he means.

This girl was a surprise from day one. Today, the only surprise is how we ever lived without her in our family. She's hilarious, and vivacious. Tenacious and determined. I can very easily see her being our comic relief, as well as our dramatic entertainment. Everything Leilea does, she does it with gusto.
When I was pregnant with her, Iwa was just turning three and Kawika was about 7 months old. Understandably, I didn't have much time to focus on me, on her.. put my feet up, anything. I would forget I was pregnant until someone would ask me about it. It was an easy pregnancy, and the easiest birth ever. This girl was determined to come into our family and has not let anyone forget her since.

She added a little more chaos to our crazy family but that is definitely overshadowed by the amount of laughter, cuddles, and love she's added to us all.

Happy birthday, girl. We'll post bail for you anytime.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Perhaps I should print this blog post and save it for you so that when you're angry about having to bail her out you can at least laugh a little that your prediction came true and you remembered to post bail "any time"...including 2 am.

jennifer rogers said...

happy birthday leilea! I can't believe that she's already one! Did ya'll have a party or anything? I'm gonna get her a little something for her since we will see her so close to her birthday...she won't know it's late :)