Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in the saddle again.

Today was my first day back to work. I went back Monday, but that didn't count because there were no kids.

I was afraid they would have forgotten me. How silly, right? The interim did a WONDERFUL job and they did many, many ambitious projects that turned out looking great. What if they didn't like me anymore? I kinda like being a "special" teacher (library, art, music, p.e.) if not for the fact that most of the kids like us unconditionally. Today that proved to be true. I love, love, LOVE my job and I really missed those kids. Okay, really about 90% of them, but that's still pretty good.

I also missed my kids at home, but to be honest, going to work is like a break. Everyone kept asking how much I wish I was at home right now, but I think they have this mental picture of me sitting in a rocking chair eating bon-bons in a peaceful room with a newborn. YEAH RIGHT! From 7:40 to 3:00 I didn't have to clean up poop or suck snot out of anyone's nose.

Funny how that's all I wanted to do by the time I got home. I love my jobs

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

Hello! Yup, I remember you! I can't believe you have three! Since I'm just now entering into your "world" you have to get me caught up. Where do you live? Who are you married to? Heck, just start since the last time I saw you - geeze - 5 years ago, was it?

I work several shifts per month at the hospital and I call it "my day off."