Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bless this mess

Great weekend! Saturday we went to the mall with the kids, Grandma Coelho, Jennifer, Brock, Tim and P. Grandma Lorna and Keoki were even there for a bit. It's always fun to enjoy commerce with the ones we love. It was really good to have Jennifer and Brock in town. I think Kawika has found his match. Baby gladiator fights coming soon. Time and location TBA.

After the mall, we went to Sam's and Kawika was getting sleepy. I had held Leilea in the Moby Wrap at the mall but since Kawika was tired and I knew he would want to be held anyway, I decided to experiment and wrap him for the Sam's trip. It's rated to 35lbs. He's 32. It wasn't too bad at first, but gravity is real, my friends.

Everyone who walked by had something to say, as they usually do when I wear the wrap but then the comments are usually about a cute little baby. These comments were more like, "Holy crap! What's that thing made out of?!" I assumed they were talking about the wrap.

He loved it so much he laid his head on my back and fell asleep. There's nothing quite like walking around Sam's with drool running down your back. Yum. Anyhow, here's some photos of that magical experience which I'm afraid he's going to want to repeat. Life is full of disappointments, big guy.


Sunday we had Leilea blessed at church. The whole fam-damily was there and fun was had by all. We even took the obligatory family picture afterwards. I think if I ever want to get a real family portrait done, we'll have to bring the tranquilizer darts.

5 comments:

Sara said...

yo liza,
so glad we found you. your blog is so cute. I love that "exausted" shirt. where'd you get it? we will add you to "our homies" check out our blog at

www.the-ins-hyder.blogspot.com

npage79 said...

so cute!

erin said...

Hey Eliza! Your kids are so darn cute! Also, thanks for putting the Golden Girls theme on your playlist. Can't remember the last time I heard that...ah the memories. Anyway I just started blogging so come over and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Love the family pic, and your bangs ;)

jennifer rogers said...

i had a lot of fun this weekend! brick is wearing kawika's khaki overalls today....very cute! You guys should come up here some weekend! It would be very fun!!