Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I did it!




I have finally captured the ever elusive baby smile. She'll just smile and smile and laugh but when I pull the camera out, it's gone. Last night I laid her in her crib to change her clothes and started up the mobile. Apparently she's a John Lennon fan. It plays the tune to "Imagine".

You can see she has a hard time keeping her eyes open when she really smiles. It's my favorite.

Today, one of my classes asked if they could see pictures of my baby. Always eager to share, I showed them some pics from the blog. One of the girls asked about John, "Is dat cho' baby daddy?"

It reminds me of a time when I was pregnant with Iwalani. It was my first year teaching. I was telling the kids I was leaving to have a baby. Some of the kids- mostly boys- didn't realize I was even pregnant (I was DEFINITELY showing at this time). There was this little boy in the back of the room who was so sweet. When I told them my news his face just lit up and his hand shot in the air. "Do you know who the father is?" This child meant nothing by that question than exactly what he said. He was genuinely excited when I told him that I was sure it was my husband, John. The other kids in the room knew better and COULD NOT BELIEVE he asked that but he was just so excited.

2 comments:

Wheatley Family said...

Funny! We miss ya'll!

Anonymous said...

holy cow, what a sweet smile. she looks so much like her big sister, to me.