Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Congratulations...

...you're the fattest kid at camp." (from the movie "Heavyweights")

You are now looking at Millington Ward's second year running Chili Cook-off Champ. Yep. His second year to compete, second year to win. His last name may not be Coelho, but he comes from a family famous for their food. Who would expect any different? Really, though, if you couldn't tell, he's pretty proud. I love him. And the chili WAS quite good.

I made the trophy because I thought it would be neat to have something painted gold to pass down through the years... Then, like most project ideas I have, one thought builds on another and you end up with something like this:
Neither of us really expected that he would win again this year. We kinda snickered to ourselves at the thought of one of the old guys at church with this beast of a plaque hanging in their kitchen next to some country ducks.

It was pretty silly, actually, that he won it. We busted our butts getting this thing done to get there on time. The paint was actually still wet when we got there. If I had known he would just be bringing it back home, I would have not have worried so much about it.

If you get a chance to come over, you can see it in person hanging in the kitchen (minus the country ducks).

(by the way- if you recognize the fork and knife, they could be yours. We have no idea where they came from but they're definitely not ours. Thanks for your contribution and that's what happens when you leave stuff at our house- it becomes part of an art project.)

5 comments:

npage79 said...

Congratulations John. I think from now when people leave things at my house I'll turn it into art.

The Sanford Family said...

Do we get the recipe?

Eliza said...

top secret... okay, not really,but i don't think even he could tell you exactly what he put in it. Sausage and ground beef, and that's all I know.

Eliza said...

Oh... it was not even ground beef. Some other kind. Shows how much I know!

Natalie said...

Ok, I must say, I would like to get my pyrex back BEFORE it becomes part of an art project. Anything else I ever abandon at your house is free game for crafting.