Monday, March 2, 2009

Legen- (wait for it) -dary

Yes, this weekend was legendary and we have photos of the whole thing.

Here's part one:

FRIDAY

All Iwa wanted for her birthday when we asked were some goldfish. I have wanted a guinea pig for a long time, but she wanted no part of that. Two goldfish is all she wanted so despite my greatest efforts, goldfish it would be. (maybe better luck for my birthday, eh?) We told her Friday that she'd get to pick them out at the pet store after dinner. We planned on eating at home, but on a whim, we went out to Wolfchase (with the rest of the Memphis area) for dinner.

It was chaos but we ended up at Shogun without much of a wait. While we were waiting, there were some older kids playing with bouncy balls from a coin machine in the foyer. Iwalani asked me for a quarter, and I didn't have any but a lady- a grandmotherly type- pulled two quarters out of her purse. One for Iwa, one for Kawika. It was so sweet.When we sat, we quickly realized that Kawika doesn't need bouncy balls. He REALLY doesn't need to have bouncy balls in rooms where hibachi grills are being set on fire and people are throwing knives. Recipe for potential disaster, but we made it without maiming anyone permanently.
The kids loved watching the guy cook! The only part that was difficult was the fire. I think the guy put a little too much oil on the grill. When he set it on fire, I had to check my eyebrows to make sure they were still intact. I didn't have to wonder where Kawika and Iwa were, because they were both clinging to my side. Iwa was begging to go to the bathroom and wash her hands (which she had done before we sat down) and Kawika looked a little shaken but just said, "woah." I looked over at Leilea in John's arms and her eyes were wide with delight. We're going to have to watch out for that one.
After dinner we went to the pet store and she picked out two fish, which she named Tyler and Willie.It was the beginning of a good and out of the ordinary weekend. More to come....

1 comment:

Wheatley Family said...

You guys watch How I Met your Mother too! Isn't the best!! It reminds of us!