Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let's catch up..

Part 3

With all of this catching up, I've created quite a "to do" list of blog material. I'm going to make this short and sweet. Picture dump, here we come!

We also went to a shopping center in KC called Zona Rosa. It has a little sprinkler park where you can bring your kids to play. Also, there is an indoor play area for the smaller ones. A little something for everyone. Great idea!
Iwa and Kawika are enjoying the water here. She calls this swimsuit her "kini" bottoms and "boobie thangs".
Remember the "Parent of the Year" award John and I sarcastically award ourselves from time to time? This was one of those moments. This particular sprinkler hadn't gone off in a while so I guess Kawika wanted to get down and get in for a closer look. That was when it erupted. All I could think was how I needed to get a picture of this moment. He was okay, of course. Leilea loved the indoor play area while the big kids played in the water. It was filled with these huge hard-looking soft sculptures to play on. They were subtly creepy for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the 70's style air brushed look? So maybe this was a hint but this photo was taken at Pac Sun while John was browsing. Kawika was walking around and totally bonded with this mannequin. He rubbed her legs briefly, planted his feet and held her hand for quite a while. I have no idea what the deal was but he was very sad to leave her. I just like this picture I made Iwa pose for in a bathroom hand dryer.

Not many pictures were taken on the way home. There weren't many Kodak moments.

Trust me.

No comments: