Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let's catch up..

Part 2

This was our first serious vacation as a family of 5. We had good times!

Of course it was stressful going new places with 3 small children who haven't had naps or regular bedtimes for a few days but Kansas City is a special place to me and it holds a lot of memories. It was priceless to be able to make new memories with them.


At the end of each day, when we finally got them all to sleep, I would think John had had it. I wish I could know what his blood pressure was sometimes (or maybe not). I've seen many days on this battlefield but he mostly gets glimpses. Honestly, I didn't know if he could handle it.

However, at the end of each day, we'd hide in the light of the bathroom of our hotel room and whisper about the day. He would actually tell me- without even a hint of sarcasm- that he was having a wonderful time. We always sarcastically proclaim ourselves Parents of the Year when we see one of the kids doing something like eating food off the floor, spraying themselves in the eyeballs, with sunscreen.... you know, events that good parenting usually prevents. Well, to me,
he is Father of the Year. Maybe even the last 4.

Back to the vacation! Here are some pics:

This is the main reason we made the trip. We had a family reunion of my dad's side of the family. This picture is everyone from my grandma and grandpa. It's been years since we've all been together and for some of the kids, the first time ever. It was nice to see everyone, however difficult it was while tending to the wee ones. Could have used more time.


Sunday we went to Crown Plaza and a chocolate store that was in there. Also in Crown Plaza, there is a restaurant called Fritz. Behind Kawika's head you can see rails. You order your meal over a phone and a train delivers your food to your table. It's one of our favorite places.
Hannah and Leilea enjoying each other at Fritz's.

There was a free exhibit of sculptures made of Legos by one artist. I forgot his name but this stuff was amazing.

1 comment:

erin said...

I love that Lego sculpture. That is so cool! Glad you guys had fun on your vacation.