Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're grrrrrrrreat!

Last night was faculty meeting night and I forgot to thaw something so we went to Lenny's for family night. I love Lenny's but we haven't been eating out so we haven't eaten there lately. Still, every time Iwa passes that place she tells people, "If my mommy could, she'd live there." I don't know where she gets these things, but she's probably right.

I've heard of family night at Lenny's before from a friend who didn't have kids at the time. It wasn't a flattering description: kids everywhere (they eat free), food everywhere, and a pushy balloon artist who works for tips. Total chaos.

We got there early so it wasn't packed but let's just say we weren't the rowdiest crowd in the place this time. Also, instead of a pushy balloon blower there was a guy painting faces for tips. We had a dollar and this is what Iwa got (after waiting patiently- which was a visible struggle for her- till we finished eating):
Update: I found my camera. I still didn't have it when I needed it (this picture is from Auntie Kaylani's Facebook page) but I know where it is. One step forward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iwa you look like a real tiger!! Are we sure that is really Iwa?? Love you and Miss you

Aunt Krissy

Mary Elizabeth said...

Is that a goat behind her?

Wheatley Family said...

wow and holy crap

Eliza said...

Not a goat- if it were another grandparents' house, then that would be possible. I think that's Hercules- Uncle Keoki's pit bull.