Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yuck, yuck, YUCK!!

Iwa and Kawika had strep throat about two weeks ago. Apparently, it's my turn now. I haven't felt like this since I had chicken pox in the 5th grade. I just don't get sick often. I don't think I got it from the kids, though. Whenever I tell doctors I work at an elementary school, they take a step back and say, "oh. Well, there you go." It's a petri dish.

Anyway, it's really hard to be a mommy and be sick. John is doing a great job of taking care of things for me so it's not that. I just don't like having to be careful with them and worrying that they might get it. They don't really get it when I don't feel good that I can't get down and play with them.

Iwa was so sweet yesterday when she said, "Mommy, if I danced crazy and sang a goofy song, would it make you feel better?" Of course, it did.

No comments: