Thursday, October 15, 2009

Holidays!!

I realize it's not even Halloween yet, but I count it as a holiday. It's like the introduction to the official "Holidays". Here's what I'm excited about:

Halloween is almost here and the temptation to watch a scary movie is almost too much to resist. I do not do well with scary movies, but once a year I succumb... and regret it.

I always look forward to Thanksgiving, but can't quite put my finger on the reason. It's probably the fact that family comes in town but there's something else about it that's just... comforting. The meal isn't my favorite, but the people are good. Yes, that must be it.

I'm still in charge of Secret Santa for my school. It's a large task, and one I look forward to from the first day of school. I had to be told the other day that it's too early to have everyone draw names.

The Frisky Holiday sweatshop is officially open for business. I love making stuff. I love giving gifts. It's perfect.

(on a side note) In order to open the sweatshop, I had to finish a project I've been kinda (not) working on. A friend of mine had a baby girl and asked for some paintings for her nursery. Here they are finally done and in the nursery:Elsie Tate is 5 months old now, but better late than never, right Laura?

So, needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the kids are getting more and more into stuff. Seeing these times through their eyes has sort of rejuvenated my childhood excitement for all things festive.

No comments: