Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Poem

It may sound crazy, but as I'm wading knee-deep in a sea of diapers, crackers, and dirty laundry I really do stop and with a sad heart think of the days when I won't have any of this anymore. I guess I've always been that way. I've always felt like my life is meant for me to live, so I'd better do my best to pay attention every second and make the best of a great situation.

That being said, I'm posting this poem that brought tears to my eyes this morning:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
-Anon

I also want to carve this in my front door so that all of my guests can keep it in mind as they're also wading through the diapers, crackers, and dirty laundry.