Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random thoughts

When things your parents said (that you swore you would never say when you become a parent) come hurling out of your mouth, you understand your parents in a whole new light.

I have to do something creative every day or I get down- and not in a George Brown kinda way.

The fact that Iwa has started drawing for pleasure makes me so happy. The artist part of me thinks there is no greater work of art than those that my creations create. It's fascinating.

I'm getting older. I knew this for sure when John and I had an in-depth conversation about how "kids" these days listen to horrible music and need haircuts. It was a surreal and defining conversation.

Be thankful because something that is annoying to you may be a blessing to someone else. Example: another teacher was complaining yesterday because the weather has gotten cooler and she liked the hot weather. I had just been thinking about how grateful I was because my a.c is broken and we've been nice and cool the whole time.

Worrying about thing is like running on a treadmill.