Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

For Kawika's birthday, we had some family over to Grandma and Grandpa Steinbrink's house for a cook-out and cake. Grandma Lorna made this wonderful Sponge Bob cake.
He loves to blow candles out. I think he blew out all of the candles at the wedding last week. This time he was actually allowed to!

It was a great party with good food, nice people and good loot for the birthday boy. He enjoyed it for sure!

Monday, John and Grandpa Steve went shooting and took Kawika to play at the Compound. The girls had plans to go shopping with Nani. This is what we came home to:
AH-dorable.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Now it's back to work (only for two more days for me!!!)

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

that cake was amazing! Go grandma lorna! Hey you should make a trip up to stay with us for a couple of days this summer.....you can come without John if he has to work....maybe nani can get off for a couple of days and come up with you that would be fun!

erin said...

That is an amazing cake. I'm glad Kawika had a good birthday. I'm glad summer starts for you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake, but my favorite pic is the one of John and Kawika sleeping together. That is the best kinda of sleep when you have a baby laying on your chest. Give all the kids a kiss and a hug for me.

Love
Krissy

The Sanford Family said...

That is an amazing cake! Oh, I just realized I repeated someone else's comment. Well, it was awesome!!! I love the picture on your blog header!!